The Key Issues addressed in Executive and Performance Coaching
At Natural Talent our Consultants are frequently asked what are the key issues addressed with Executive or Performance Coaching. Over the past five years our experience tends to correlate largely with the surveys conducted by Stanford Graduate School of Business.
1. High or low Assertiveness levels: Assertiveness Training often deals with 3 areas: self belief and self awareness, having rights, and techniques to monitor perceived aggression, or to increase confidence levels
2. Developing more of a Coaching style of Leadership and Management, as opposed to a more traditional authoritative ‘telling’ style, as an objective expressed by 92% of CEOs recently surveyed by Harvard Business Review
3. Communicating, Negotiating and Influencing more effectively with key stakeholders, especially increasing levels of Active Listening and Open Questioning to obtain high quality input
4. Managing Conflict by being more objective and handling objections to build better working relationships – the most important issue for 43% of CEOs surveyed by Stanford
5. Increasing levels of Delegation and Empowerment to improve employee engagement and retention, and to free up time from being ‘task focused’ to create space to think and act more strategically
6. Leading as opposed to Managing Change – being able to communicate change, plan and cope with uncertainty
7. Managing Performance, delivering constructive as well as positive feedback, improving retention levels and increasing employee engagement
8. Prioritising and managing time and workload more effectively in order to free up time to plan and operate more strategically to align the workforce with the strategy and key objectives
9. Recruiting and developing top talent and planning for succession. With a changing workforce, skills shortage and new ‘war for talent’, many executives are investing in Talent Management and Development Programmes
10. Leadership Judgement and Problem Solving – having the right tools and techniques to analyse facts and situations, to take decisions, and make the tough calls
11. Aligning and developing the senior team in order to deliver on the strategy and increase business performance
12. Stress and Lifestyle Management – building levels of Resilience to cope with pressure, uncertainty and change
Over the next few weeks we’ll publish some of our ‘Talent Tips’ for addressing these key areas.