At Natural Talent Bristol and South Wales we utilize the most up to date international and independent Talent Assessment Solutions to assess current performance and future potential to assist in Executive Coaching or Mentoring, Executive Selection, Talent Management and Succession Planning.
At Natural Talent Bristol we are able to utilize a wide range of Occupational Ability Tests and Personality Profiles to identify a Leader’s or Manager’s personal strengths, key development areas, and motivators. Personality Profiles demonstrate how Leaders and Managers can employ these strengths effectively to improve working relationships and the effectiveness of their team. When used in Natural Talent’s Executive Coaching, Leadership Development, Management Development, and Talent Management/Succession Planning, and when combined with 360 Feedback, they can achieve excellent predictors of success and potential.
Strength Deployment Inventory® £50 or $ 80
The Strength Deployment Inventory® is a learning resource that has been proved to be effective in building strong relationships worldwide for more than 25 years. It enables everyone to understand the reason why people do things rather than just observe and react to what is done.
The SDI® identifies for individuals their personal strengths and motivations and how these relate to those of their colleagues – whether things are going well or badly. It demonstrates how to use these strengths effectively to improve working or personal relationships with others.
This paper-based questionnaire was developed in the USA during the 1970s by Dr Elias H. Porter Phd. and it has been used extensively throughout Europe since 1982.
It can be used in a variety of contexts including, influencing, conflict management, team development, leadership, management and coaching.
What this means is why certain people have the impact on us they do and the affect we have on them. Furthermore, we learn how to recognise the real issues in relationships and how to tailor our behavior accordingly to communicate in more flexible and effective ways.
Recognising and dealing with inter-personal conflict is a crucial element in all relationships but especially within teams. The SDI® provides insights into how to recognise the first signs of conflict in others and shows how to respond appropriately to resolve the dispute before it gets out of hand or unwittingly causes further antagonism.
The Strength Deployment Inventory® is the result of the research and work by Elias H. Porter on Relationship Awareness Theory, and is based on the early works of Freud and Fromm. Fundamental to its core are 4 underpinning principles:
- We all do what we do because we want to feel good about ourselves
- We tend to take two different approaches to life; when we feel things are going well, and when we feel that we are faced with opposition or conflict
- A personal weakness is no more or no less than the overdoing or misapplying of a personal strength
- We naturally tend to perceive the behaviors of others through our own Motivational Value System.
The Internationally Recognised NEO Personality Questionnaire £200 or $ 330
The NEO Personality Questionnaire
- Internationally recognised as the Gold Standard for measuring the Five-Factor model of personality
- High generalisability across cultures
- High stability across the life-span – avoids ‘age bias’ in selection
- High predictive generalisability across work settings
- Predicts different styles of leadership, styles of dealing with conflict, decision making styles and how the individual manages pressure
- Predicts learning style and discriminates between those individuals who might benefit from advanced training in the development of managerial competencies and those who might not
- Compatible with a wide range of approaches to personality assessment;
- Trait approaches; incorporates a reanalysis of the data on which Cattell based development of the 16PF. The access to modern technology available subsequent to Cattell’s seminal work provided for a more elegant analysis than Cattell, by his own admission was able to achieve at the time he was working.
- Type approaches; incorporates the theories of Jung providing a method of measuring preferences which, unlike most Type instruments allows prediction of behavior resulting from preferred styles plus deals more effectively with those who fall between two types.
- Folk concepts; incorporates findings from the psycho-lexical approach which derives from the realisation that all important individual differences will be described in human language.
- Probably the most flexible assessment system on the market;
- team-building version compatible with Jungian Type Indicators but with the added advantages of actually predicting behavior and also dealing with scores which fall between two types.
Assessment/Development Centre Design and Delivery
Natural Talent designs and delivers Assessment Centres for Executive Selection and Development to identify Leaders and Managers potential for success in a current/future role or promotion. The Assessment Centres provide a robust and objective evaluation and are Competency based, utilizing multiple Assessment techniques such as interviews, aptitude tests, personality questionnaires, and work simulations to identify and develop top Talent.
‘The two exercises the senior management team took part in as part of the Leadership Development Centre were spot on; the scenarios were completely relevant and covered the key issues and challenges we have to deal with on a day to day basis. Thanks to you and Sue for your excellent facilitation of the day and valuable input to the team dynamics.’ CEO, Borough Council
Competency/Situational Based Interviewing
Natural Talent’s Competency/Situational Based Interviewing is effective in Executive Selection, Talent Management and Succession Planning. Competency Based Interviewing identifies the potential that Leaders and Managers have in order to work according to proven global Leadership and Management Competencies. The interviewing techniques provide an objective rating mechanism, are easily integrated with other assessment data, provide consistent criteria across roles, and are behavioral based.
‘My last company was in strong growth needing to recruit a large number of consultants for booming client work but we were losing sales through not finding enough of them, nor of the right calibre. Natural Talent was engaged and designed and managed a recruitment and selection campaign which was instrumental in delivering weekly shortlists many of whom we recruited until our quota was attained.’ MD, Consultancy
Please email us or call us on +44 (0) 844 496 8196 for an initial discussion, or to book a 360 Feedback Review or Assessment/Development Centre Design and Delivery, Leadership Development or Management Training Program, or Executive Coaching or Mentoring Session
Find out about the ROI of Talent Assessment Solutions